Pages

My girlies!

My girlies!

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Worship

The other day when I was reflection on a poem that I read in my poetry class, I came across the theme of  worships and praise.  Some notes from my notebook,
" Praise and worship is looked at in society as just singing songs in Church on Sundays. Worship is so much more than that.  The poem's name was " the Journey of the Magi." and it basically told the story of the common story that people know. Bringing gifts of frankincense  incense and myrrh. The poem stated that what could a baby do wit these gifts. These gifts are not at all the gifts that people would give to babies in the 21st century. If those gifts were given today, a mother would give that person a strange look. But what did these gifts mean years ago. It was a symbol of Christi's love for us. How does this have to do worship? These three wise men came to worship an innocent perfect child.  Worship demands our attention and as a follower of Christ I should be worshiping God every hour of my day not just at church on Sundays. Praise can be done in a form of sacrifice as well. Sometimes giving up something for God  can be a form of worship or simply being still in the presence of god and knowing that  He deserve all of my time not just an hour but 24 hours."
This was on my heart and I wanted to share it with everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment